Application Period NOW OPEN: Complete Applications Due by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, January 31, 2023
The Next Generation Humane Science Award is available annually to young scientists to acknowledge and encourage researchers who focus on replacing the use of animals in experiments. The 2023 award will be a 1st prize of $5,000 to recognize the outstanding work of one young scientist. Depending on the amount and quality of the applications, a 2nd place $4,000 award may be issued as well. Please email your completed application to email@example.com.
The work must be focused on the replacement of animals used in experimentation. Excellence of research outcome as demonstrated by publications and presentations at scientific meetings. The review committee will also take into account:
- The significance of the potential to replace animal experiments in the future
- Providing an inspiration to others (fellow students, members of the research group) and outreach to wider audiences
- The potential for the replacement methodologies to be used in a regulatory context
2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States working at a US-based institution.
- The candidate should not have received a PhD or similar degree earlier than 2013.
- Current and former employees (or their family members) of the Center of Alternatives to Animal Testing at Johns Hopkins University cannot apply.
- Application procedure and documentation
Full Application here.
- CV: maximum two pages
- List of all publications
Two reference letters, not to exceed two pages each, stating why you should receive this award. These letters should be from individuals well-qualified in the field, at least one of whom is not associated with the research itself (such as current supervisors or co-authors of publications).