On August 18, NICEATM released version 4.0.1 of the Integrated Chemical Environment (ICE; https://ice.ntp.niehs.nih.gov/). ICE provides data and tools to help query, review, and interpret toxicological data, predictions, and tools.
Key features implemented in ICE 4.0.1 are:
- Availability of population-level exposure predictions across multiple pathways through the ICE Search tool in addition to the ICE REST API and the ICE In Vitro to In Vivo Extrapolation tool.
- Functional use categories added to the ICE Chemical Characterization tool.
- A new "Curated Product Use Explorer" in the ICE Chemical Characterization tool that expands and improves upon the former "Consumer Use Explorer."
- Improved support for chemical name searching in all ICE tools.
- Harmonization of structure and data fields in the dermal irritation/corrosion data set to make data computationally accessible and facilitate interoperability on the ICE user interface.
- New Chemical Quick Lists:
- Mixtures and Formulations in ICE.
- ToxCast Phase I, Phase II, and e1k.
- Further development of data visualizations and query summaries for ICE Search tool results (beta version).
Presentations describing features available in ICE 4.0.1 and planned for future releases will be given next week at the 12th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences. A list of NICEATM and ICCVAM agency activities at World Congress is available at https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/go/niceatm-wc12.